Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Can we say Traumatic

Today Will had his 4 year Wellness visit. Everything went just fine, he passed the hearing test, did great on everything she asked, then came the 4 shots and blood work. That was a completely different story. Thankfully Scott went with me, I held his arms while one nurse held his legs for the shots, the entire time he is screaming "Please let me go home!", "I want to go home now!" " I don't like Dr. Hawkins anymore, I'm never coming back!" Well they send us to the book room to calm down, and then it is time for the blood to be drawn. This time Scott held him in his lap and I held one arm and he screamed some but not as bad until they tried to put the bandage tape around his arm, then it started all over again. Needless to say, it was a bit traumatic for him. All the way home, he kept on saying I am never going back, I don't like Dr. Hawkins. After the screams they probably are hoping we don't have to come back anytime soon. He as now been asleep for 2 hours and I am fixing to wake him up. Sorry I am rambling, it made me feel awful.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Those shots are the worst. Buzzy is updated until 2016, so we are good for a while! Now Henry, on the other hand, is just getting started!

Leanne said...

Poor thing! I don't even want to think about any more shots. I think they hurt (feelings) the Mommy's just as much as the little ones. Abe is just now starting to like bandaids. He associates them with shots. Everytime he would get a shot they will slap a bandaid on him.

I hope he doesn't have a fit the next time you have to take him to the DR.

Leanne said...

I may have misspelled bandaid? Bandaide? Someone tell me how to spell it without going to the bathroom and looking!!